Here I want to help you understand the process of how to book a wedding photographer, from initially enquiry through to the wedding day. This is how I personally work, every wedding photographer is going to have their own way of doing things.
How To Book A Wedding Photographer
So to start with you have obviously found me, liked what I do, and want to enquire more about my services. Every wedding photographer will have their own specific way they like to do things but this is an outline of my process of how to book a wedding photographer.
The first port of call is to –
Fill in Contact form on website
- A way for me to collate everything in one place
- I know right away the important information so I can help you
- I don’t want to say i’m available before i know all the info. No point saying I’m free when your wedding I couldn’t get to if it’s far away or abroad, etc
- Might be more hassle initially but helps both of us know if it’s even going to work before we start.
If I’m available I will send out price list
- Have a look. There’s no rush to get back with a decision.
- If you have questions or want to just chat to get to know me – no problem.
Fill in the booking form
- All the information I need from you about your day – for now.
- The Tick box at the end is making this contractual to safeguard both of us.
I will send out an invoice
- Deposit now to secure the date, rest of balance due 4 weeks before wedding day.
- If you want you can pay all up front now, or can pay in installments, or 4 weeks before wedding day.
You pay a deposit to secure the day, then send out a receipt.
Communication will likely be small until nearer the wedding day.
The month before I will send out a questionnaire and reminder about settling balance.
- This is about more specifics about the day, where you will be getting ready, group photo list, suggestions etc
- Google sheets document – Can take time filling in and can be updated as you go along, Or can print out and then send me picture etc
Week of the wedding We Will Have A Phone Call
- Run through things and answer any last minute questions either of us have.
- Arrange arrival times – for prep or ceremony
- If prep – rule of thumb – goto groom for 30-45mins then to bride for rest of morning.
- If no prep – Will aim to arrive at least an hour before the ceremony
I personally don’t feel a need to go before the big day to check out the venue.
If you prefer, I’m happy, as long as it’s not too far for me to travel, to meet at the venue, check it out with you and we can discuss the itinerary and places we can use for photos together.
Hope this breakdown helps you understand what my process is and give you confidence going forward if you decide to book with me!